04 September 2006

Don't be hypocritical

I’m British
I have a British identity
I love to learn about the British history
British community is like my family
British slang words is not a real language
Racists don’t want to understand my own British identity
Why do I always use capital ‘B’?
Because of British community
Because of British culture
Because of English language
That’s why I’m nationally British
Also that’s how the British culture engrossed me all my life

I’m Deaf
I have a Deaf identity
I love to learn about the Deaf history
Deaf community is like my family
Signed English is not a real language
Surdophobics don’t want to understand my own Deaf identity
Why do I always use capital ‘D’?
Because of Deaf community
Because of Deaf culture
Because of British Sign Language
That’s why I’m culturally Deaf
Also that’s how the Deaf culture engrossed me all my life


By Ashton Phillip ©

No comments: