12 December 2006

I was an easy target


At Thorn Park Deaf school, I was about 8 years old, teacher furiously telling us Deaf pupils to sit in the classroom. We felt nervous because it could be something very serious as teachers would normally give us detention if we are told to sit. We giggly looked each other then puzzled. Why? this Pakistiani pupil walked funnily like how cowboy walk. Teacher said he has been to the hospital before the day as his groin was hurted (actually someone kicked into his groin in the toilet). I didn't know nothing about how happened. But strangely some of pupils looked at me for no reason. Teacher looked at me straightaway. In my mind, it must be me because I was sometime unlucky to got into trouble (some reasons for example I was more intelligent than any pupils, extremely good sport person and relationship between me and teachers was like PFFT!).

Anyway some of pupils pointed at me, I was so shocked! I didn't know why it was me. I told my teacher that it wasn't me kicking. Apparently a few days later I found out it that was a white pupil boy who bullied him, he was physically bigger than us. That's why he forced this Asian boy to lie eventually most pupils did too. It was because I was only black pupil at that school as large minority were white and Pakistiani, so I was an easy target. I have been bullied occasionally, plus I was sometime feeling poo before going to school every day. If I was much confident and brave, I would tell my teacher like this image!

I wouldn't wish this on any black pupils in the UK. As well as other races. If it happens to you, you MUST go and see teachers or parents.

No comments: