24 February 2007

Just ramblings...

Best man
As a fake macho man myself, I am so excited about my best mate Ovais and Lenka's wedding in July, where? Prague, Czech. Because I know him for about 24 years. He is an elder siblings of his sisters (he wanted wanted wanted a brother, poor him!) I expected him to be first to marry but his sister is married 3 years ago.

I am organising the long stag weekend for him this summer, he protested that he wouldn't drink anymore due to his visiting at drug awareness! Yeah, right...

My friends think my plan for his stag weekend will be legend... at the moment I try to believe them because we have been to many 'great' stagies in the past!


Tri-ingual (BSL, Punjabi, English)
Today, i met a Deaf man who went to my old school Thorn Park for the Deaf, with his 2 sons (aged 9 and 6). He looks so well and muslim himself. We had an interesting chat about his hearing children (all boys), they all can sign well, he said that his first son started to sign when he was 5, second son started at 4, third son at 2! Even he suggested that his 2 years old son signs better than his older brothers, actuallly I communicated with 2 older brothers, their BSL skills look much better than SSE users. Not broken BSL/English, just simply sign BSL smoothly. Imagine their younger brother is better!

You know, their tri-ingual environment (BSL, Punjabi, English) is not easy but they still are good. They are doing very well at school due to their language developement. Wow!


Second position with 6 games to go!
I play 5-a-side football with Bradford Deaf Football Club every friday nights, we are in second position in 3rd division (since 2002) among 7 other Deaf impaired teams. Whoa! Hopefully IF we are resuming on this same position till end of season, we would promote to the 2nd division.

I usually play as a forward (sometime defender depend on our fatigues) I scored 16 goals so far out of 22 games


SSE - 'Creole BSL' ??
My friend and I had a debate about new name - creole BSL. I wonder if SSE should change name to 'creole BSL' because cumbersome SSE is irrespectively blending 2 languages - BSL and English.

You know, the British Empire (Lucy Buchanan's favourite) taught English to inexperienced people in the third countries when the empire dominated the world. In my view, Britain secretly lost Second World War, still talking about beating Germany to avoid thinking about failure of British Empire. We gave reformation to other countries who we dominated.

These people who were forced to learn English to lost their ownership - their own language just because lazy and superior British Empire couldn't be bothered to speak different languages (nowadays, broken BSL for example).

At the moment, there are alots of creole Englishs (of course French and Spanish too) because of lack of proper education and also they speak their own language and English together. They fully accept creole English like Guyanese in South America, still many English experts feel offended and unfair with their language because English is their passion. That's how I feel about broken BSL. Whenever they see 'broken' English, they complain. Many people think that their complaints are right and freedom of speech but not BSL... they don't need to be hypocrities. They simply think BSL user, think troublemaker. Or think Deaf culture, think Deaf activist. Bullshit! There are so many Deaf people who are not activists have a Deaf culture! Imagine white people think black culture, think a drug dealer or AWOL father. They should put 'assumption' on their CV for personal skills. BSL is a language, communcation, visual, own grammar and gesture. NOT just Deaf, hearing too. It doesn't take you to be rocket scienist.

SSE as in Sign Supported English, ignorant hearing people invented this title AND created this cumbersome too. This title seems formal and official, I prefer calling it 'broken BSL/English' (my website address - ssehappens as in shit happens because SSE apparently failed my education my English GCSE result was E. Although I'm still determined to retake GCSE in 2 years time as my second language is changing alot since I was 16, I'm self-taught at the moment).

Imagine if this name creole BSL might be widely accepted as same as other countries accept creole English. Maybe it is not too late because we still have BSL unlike other countries who lost their ownership of language. Lucky we are passion with our language, we still fight for our rights. Shame about people who kissing Milan 1880's arses calling us troublemakers. I know how tribe people feeling...

In fact, hundreds of native languages are lost due to English and other languages who take over the globalisation.

I still prefer calling 'broken BSL/English'

No comments: