25 February 2007

"You are like a white man"

Implied racist or prejudicial statements:

There are a number of phrases that when used are insulting. Often the person uttering them
is “unaware of the layers” of attitudes that they reveal. They frequently feign ignorance of the
statements which further compounds the issue. Some examples are:


1) One of my best friends is Black.
2) I don’t see “color”, I just you as a person.
3) You people should...
4) Why are you so upset about...
5) All African Americans have good voices, play basketball well etc.
6) Calling an African American/Black male “boy” or “son”
7) What do Black people think about..
8) Referring to Blacks as “culturally deprived”
9) You are not like most other Blacks, you are different
10) Anyone as a credit to their race
11) You don’t sound/talk/sign Black

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This quote “You are not like most other Blacks, you are different” must be indirect racist. In my view, I am sorry but white people are most racist of all. Imagine hearing teachers and doctors are most audist of all. They don't need to think negative thing about us black. I know alot of white people turn around when it comes to racism issue because when they say something sensitivity they easily can offend any races. Whenever I talk about racism, some friends sometime say forget it and move on. They may afraid that they say something offending me (Im really open-minded, so I don't take 'anything', just depend) But did they learn anything? Nowadays, look at Islamaphobia. I feel so pissed with ignorant because some people said bad things about Muslim, thinking I am involved, no fucking way! I wouldn't be hypocrite because white said same bad thing about black in the past, so why would I support them or kiss their arse?


Funnily I got only one comment on my post - Miserable white woman, that's good because she learned something. Of course Deaf-UK debate on veiled Mulism woman alot but comment on non-white blogger's website? Most of them wouldn't watch racist films which I love, like 'Mississippi Burning' or 'American History X'.

Still, they automatically say "I am not a racist because I have a black friend". Bullshit.

Some of my white friends really thought, I learned from the white society academically and professionally. I would be a coconut like Obama then! I learned alot from who? Mum. She is 100% black. My Mum's side is more like middle-class family, many family members graduated with BA/BSc or MA/MSc either in England, Canada, USA and Dominica. Even my grandfather was a defence lawyer, his unemployed clients had to work on his garden for court fee and everything.

In fact, Africans achieve much more than West Indians because they got their own languages, strong values, strong communities etc comparing to West Indians who were unfortunately slaves. I applaud Africans.

Even worse, someone thought I was a bad boy, still she knows me for years! Some white people are not good too. What about Chavs? YOBs? BNP? Combat 18? We have been racially attacked by some WHITE men when I was 12. They smashed Mum's car for being black. It even made me prouder ever because nothing stops me being beautiful black.

White, Asian or other races people should know that black people can be very good, academic and professional.

I am like a black man who has been through experiences which my Deaf and black identity lead me to achieved a lot, not a clean and clever white man.

BNP - Black Nice People!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just a white Honkey, what do I know....